Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Why....

Some of you may be wondering why we are going to put our son on growth hormones when we have no concrete proof that it will help him.
My questions to you are:
Have you been in my shoes?
Have you ever been asked how old your child is and then when you tell them, get the really, he's soooo tiny comment and the look that says do you feed that child?
Have you ever been in the pedi's office and see a cute bubbly little girl about the size of your son only to find she's 10 months old while he is 23 months old?
Do you know what it's like to lie awake at night wondering what you are doing wrong? Why is my baby not growing? Why is he not eating like the others did? What am I doing wrong?
Do you know what it's like to constantly worry about what little cold is going around now, because your child's immune system has a hard time fighting things off?
Do you know what it is like to hear everyone say, "Oh he'll catch up. He's fine." when you know in your heart that something is not right?
You start to internalize everything. No it is not my fault that my child is small.
So the why, Why not? Why not do everything in my power to help my son? Why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment